Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Orangewood Children's Home by Mava

I received $20 in my envelope. So far I have raised $320, with more promised.
I selected the Orangewood Children’s Home because I have a heart for homeless and neglected children. Over the past 30 years, my husband and I have taken into our house many troubled children. I know how much it means to a child to have someone, anyone care for them. I especially am pushing the scholarship program at Orangewood. It helps kids to go to a college OR a trade school when they reach the age of 18 and are pushed out of the system. These kids really need help in determining their future. Not all kids can or will go to college so the fact that they can get help to go to a trade school is such a gift. When we invest in children’s future, we invest in ours. This program can help to keep these kids from going out on their own and failing and ending up in jail, homeless or abusers themselves. I thank The Crossing for giving me the opportunity to reach out to these kids and to come out of my comfort zone to help others I don’t even know.

Thank you The Crossing. The people who go there are surely blessed!