Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crying (Weeping) at 35,000 feet

As I sat in seat 22A, at 35,000 feet somewhere over the Gulf of Mexico, I experienced this wretched scream.

No terrifying turbulence. No captain communicating bad news. No flight attendant yelling. No thunder or lightning. No guns or bombs. Worse, it was the scream of a child. And no, he or she wasn’t in row 21 or 23, but when I heard THAT scream, I couldn’t help it, immediately I broke out in uncontrolled sobbing. I admit it (I don’t really care what you think of me), I was weeping . The truth is, I don’t want to soon forgot THAT scream.

And no, I’m not being morbid, sick, dark or weird, but I want you to experience it too!!! I needed the wake up call...slap in the face...dose of reality...kick in the teeth (enough metaphors) and I think you do too!

I say all the time, “DO NOT MISS this!” Well, this is a DO NOT MISS experience...I want to you to attend the World Vision AIDS Experience that we’re hosting on our campus, from Thursday, February 19 through Monday, February 23. All of you’ve got to do is sign up online. The tickets are free. Here’s the link:

www.worldvisionexperience.org/thecrossing

By following this link, you can even see some of what I witnessed at 35,000 feet.

Oh, and about that scream...I’m not going to tell you what it was...but God knew it’s what I needed...and I think you just might need it too, so DON’T MISS it!!!

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing