Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ever Tasted Soap?

Ever had your mouth washed out with soap? My mom said to me one time, “Son, say that word again and you’ll get your mouth washed out with soap!” The word she was referring to was a habitual part of my vocabulary as a teenager. Hey, I can honestly say, I KNOW what Zest, Dial, Ivory, and Irish Spring all taste like! Believe me, soap is incredibly gross no matter the brand. One word more than any other word got me into a HEAP of trouble, the F-Word.

In every locker room I was a part, whether it be football, wrestling or baseball, the F-Word seemed a regular part of the communication of the student athletes I hung around. In fact, there were times where you thought it was cool to figure out how to use that particular word as the “subject”, the “verb” and the “object” of a sentence. Looking back on it now, I realize it was quite infantile and an indicator of fairly low intelligence, as well as limited vocabulary. Plus, I wasn’t all that keen on the taste of soap.

This weekend, we kick off a new series titled, “The F-Word” at The Crossing. Be there! Invite someone to join you! You DO NOT WANT TO MISS this weekend! I am looking forward to speaking. And don’t you worry, I’ll be watching my language, for all I know, my mom just might listen to the podcast!
See you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P.S. Do not forget this week we launch groups! There are on-campus groups, Monday, October 12 and Tuesday, October 13 AND there are groups that meet in homes. You can get more info by clicking this link.