Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs

Initially, this quote shocked and disturbed me, however after more thought on the topic, why would I have expected anything more?

David Kinnaman, President of the Barna Research Group, stated that based on recent research, "most Americans continue to view the Easter holiday as a religious celebration, but many of them are not clear as to the underlying reason for the occasion. Perhaps most concerning, from the standpoint of church leaders, is that those who celebrate Easter because of the resurrection of Christ are not particularly likely to invite non-churched friends to worship, suggesting that their personal beliefs about Jesus have not yet translated into a sense of urgency for having spiritual conversations with their acquaintances."

Easter is not about a bunny or eggs. Don’t misunderstand my sentiments, I’m not trying to squash the childhood feelings and celebrations of many. My family and I have participated over the years with eggs and bunnies and we had an enjoyable and fun time doing so. Yet, Easter is WAY more!

The Easter season is HUGE!!! The trajectory of our entire existence, both now and forevermore, can be and is altered because of Jesus’ death and resurrection. As a result of what we celebrate on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, “Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I have a sense of urgency for people in my relational world, therefore I’m asking you to do what I am doing...this weekend and next weekend, invite someone to join you in attending The Crossing. These next TWO weekends will be informative and instructional, uplifting and celebratory. DO NOT MISS them! Someone you bring might not ever be the same again!

Thanks for reading and I’ll see you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P.S.

Our Easter service times are:
Saturday, April 3rd at 5 & 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 4th at 8:30, 9, 10, 10:30, 11:30 a.m. & 12 p.m.

Click here to use our online Evite to invite your family and friends to one of our Easter services.