Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our Vietnamese partner, Pastor Vu...training to transform

Good relationships take effort, time, energy, and communication. You know the drill. You’ve been there. And then try relating to someone from another culture and language, it takes everything previously said and then some...it’s like relationship on steroids.

These relationships can be highly challenging or incredibly frustrating, but I like to view them as supernaturally invigorating. I love meeting people from other cultures. I get energized hearing and watching them speak. I just enjoy learning about people.

The way I see it, ALL people matter to God. And heaven is going to be a WONDERFUL place, because at that time, EVERY tribe, tongue, and nation will be represented...all worshipping our Mighty God.

I felt highly privileged to be able to spend time with multiple numbers of Vietnamese men and women over the 10 days I was there. I totally engaged in a powerful way with one person in particular, a Christian leader named Vu. We spent time just riding on scooters in and around Saigon. When we’d stop, I had the opportunity to hear his story, an amazing one for sure! I was also able to get a sense of his heart for God and his love for the people of his country.



I hope you take the time to watch this video, it’s brief, but you get a sense of this man of God through his language, his eyes!

With as much as the time in Vietnam has been spectacular, I really look forward to seeing you this weekend at The Crossing!

Thanks for reading,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing