Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Headed to Uganda!


What a weekend! Doors are WIDE open, Colossians 4:3 is happening right before our eyes. For 22 years at The Crossing, we’ve seen God open so many doors. This weekend was HUGE! Tons of you wrote on the “walls” names of people who you desire to see changed through the incredible power of Jesus Christ. It was pretty awesome!!!

Hey, would you pray for me, I’ll be heading to Uganda this week, Rukungiri, Uganda to be specific. I’m traveling with one of our volunteer leaders, J. Michael Declues. His heart is HUGE for the people of Uganda. Check out thecrossing.com everyday or our blog. I’ll be posting updates as I have internet connections. I hope to send back pictures, videos and written updates of what I’m seeing, the people I’m meeting and the experiences I’m having. God is moving in a BIG way all throughout Uganda.

I’ll be seeing our ministry partners in action, Mosaic Vision, Compassion International and the North Kigezi Dioceses. God has allowed me to see and experience SO much over this year. I will not soon forget the sights, sounds, and people of El Salvador, India and Vietnam.

Now Uganda...so pray, will you?

Thanks,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P.S. This weekend we talked about 3 crucial components for our church in the next 6 to 9 months as we prepare to move in to the completed Phase 1 of our construction. First: We all begin to pray for 3 people, who in the months ahead we’ll be inviting and bringing to church. Second: We all give a percentage of our financial resources to our church, each of us seeking to move toward the full tithe. Third: We all pray for our church, The Crossing, 30 seconds a day, everyday. 3 simple, yet profound, ways we can partner with God’s Spirit as He keeps opening doors!!!