Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Loving 4th of July weekend!

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve enjoyed fireworks. I still stand in amazement and find myself “oohing” and “aahing” every time I see a fireworks show, no matter the location. The first place we lived when we moved to So. Cal., we could watch the fireworks at Disneyland from our apartment balcony. This even led me to purchase season passes through the years to Disneyland so I can revel in the awesome pyrotechnical display. I’ve even been known to buy tickets to Angels baseball on Friday nights just to enjoy the night-ending fireworks display.

If you live in Costa Mesa, you can still legally purchase and set off “safe and sane” fireworks. It’s where I live, so more than likely I’ll be in front of my house or someone else’s, lighting up the Sunday night sky.

In fact, if you’re buying fireworks this year, I want to encourage you to purchase them at the campus of The Crossing. The fireworks booth will be open from Thursday, July 1st – Sunday, July 4th from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. All the proceeds go to the Maple Learning Center. The Learning Center encourages kids on the Westside of Costa Mesa in their academics. So it’s a great deal...you get to have a “blast” and kids will be encouraged!!!

Plus we’ve got some exciting stuff for you this weekend at The Crossing. You do not want to miss out!

Enjoy the holiday weekend,


Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing