Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks…More Than A Day's Worth

Am I the only one? If I counted the "number" of words that come out of my mouth on a given day or during the course of a week that fall in the category of whining, complaining, moaning, grumbling, muttering, bellyaching, or protesting, they unfortunately add up QUICKLY!

This week is Thanksgiving. Sadly, the day seems to be an afterthought to Black Friday and the rush to the Christmas season. Join me in turning the tide back toward GIVING THANKS! I have so much to be grateful for, specifically YOU! I get to pastor such a super church. My feelings are in line with the Apostle Paul's…

"I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly."  Ephesians 1:16

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God."  Philippians 1:3

"We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly. As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:2

Thank you for your partnership in ministry and furthering the Good News of Jesus Christ. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, however, don't stop with only one day of giving thanks.

Thankful for you,


Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing