Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain!

As a youngster growing up in Northwest Ohio, I looked forward to seeing loads of snow leading up to our Christmas school break. Some of you So. Cal. natives may not be able to relate, but I LOVED to play in the snow, the more the merrier! We didn't always have it, but when we did, particularly on our Christmas break, my friends and I would build snow hut villages connected by a series of massive tunnels. Hours upon hours of creativity and ingenuity would flow. We hated it when our parents would whistle or call us to come in for dinner.
Those days are long gone. Southern California is now my home. My kids never got to experience such thrills. In fact, this entire week for us in So. Cal., instead of singing, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…", our chorus could be, "Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!"
I'm here to tell you rain isn't as fun as snow. The other thing I want to tell you, don't let a little rain keep you away from celebrating the Christ of Christmas.
We have 8 Christmas services this week to serve you. The Christmas week services start on Wednesday, December 22 at 7 p.m. They continue on Thursday night, December 23 at 6:30 & 7 p.m. Last, on Christmas Eve, December 24, there are 5 services; 3, 3:30, 4:30, 5, 6 p.m. All the services are identical. We have children's programming for nursery and preschool. All elementary children and teens will take part in the services.
I look forward to seeing you, as well as someone you've invited this Christmas season. I can't guarantee you won't get a little wet, but I can say for the most part that a little rain never hurt anyone.
Merry Christmas,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing