Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th by Tim Celek

Have you ever said, “My how time seems to fly by!” or “Where did all the years go?” Looking in the mirror this morning, Thursday, September 11th, these were my exact sentiments. Now a days, September 11th is remembered for “tragic” reasons, but for me, September 11th also holds “positive” memories. It was Sunday, September 11, 1988 that Sue and I launched The Crossing.

A TON has changed in the last 20 years! I don’t have much hair, and what I do have is gray, which is a good reason to keep it shaved. I used to wear glasses, now I have contacts. My kids are grown. They’re no longer the 1 & 3 yr. old little girls who used to love to spin and twirl in their skirts.

However, here’s what hasn’t changed…

• I continue to believe that God called me to do what I get to do and I cannot believe I have this awesome priviledge.

• I continue to believe we live in a world that desperately needs the forgiveness, hope and love that ONLY comes through Jesus.

• I continue to believe that the church is the only hope for this world and it’s the only institution in our world that provides LASTING impact.

• I continue to believe that our best days as a church are AHEAD of us.

It’s staggering what’s happened in the last 20 years! I’ve seen thousands of people commit to saying YES to Jesus. I’ve seen first hand how people have experienced physical, relational and spiritual healing as a result of the power of God.

What will the next 20 years be like? Based on my 20 years of experience, I am pretty sure God has a TON of surprises for me and for you, surprises that will take us beyond our wildest imaginations!

As we continue to celebrate our 20th anniversary, let me say, DO NOT MISS this weekend! We’ve got some pretty awesome stuff planned, something we have NEVER done before! You do not want to miss out!!!

Already, through this weekend we will have given away 4 cars! You can read more about it on this blog.

I want to remind you, next weekend, September 20 & 21, we are moving our church services to Estancia High School. So NO services on our Newport Blvd. campus, we are doing an EXTREME makeover at Estancia from 9:00am - 12:00pm. Everyone at The Crossing is participating. You can get directions by clicking this link:

Directions to Estancia High School: Click Here

20 years is a long time. God has been VERY GOOD to our church! See you this weekend, remember, you do not want to miss out!!! Don’t say I didn’t tell you so…