Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thinking about giving up diet soda BUT...

Those who know me well know that I MUST have DIET Cola. You’ll notice I didn’t use the words Coke or Pepsi, cause when I’m “jonesing” for a diet cola, I’ll even go for the Super Chill (Albertsons brand). The Brand doesn’t matter! It’s whatever is cheapest at the time. In fact, I don’t like the caffeinated variety...to which some of you are probably saying right about now, “Why drink it then?”

Which is a GREAT question, one that I’ve been pondering the past few days. “Why drink it then?”

So you understand the kind of issue this is, I don’t just drink 1 can a day, try like 12 to 24 cans a day. Oh, before we go any further, DO NOT send me that stupid internet stuff about the dangers of “Equal” or “Splenda” or “saccharin”, nor the fabricated and photo-shopped pictures of nails that have been eaten by the chemicals in diet soda. All urban myths, I’m sure.

Anyway, I wanted you to know, I’m thinking seriously about giving up Diet Cola...I’m not sure I can, but I’ve got some reasons why I AM at least thinking about it. I may give it up before then, but in the New Year I’ll tell you a bit more why I’m thinking this way...but for now, I think it’s important to talk about Christmas.

We start a BRAND NEW series THIS WEEKEND at The Crossing. The series is simply titled, “This Christmas...” Make sure you are there this weekend. I know THIS weekend is for you! So do not miss out, in fact invite someone to join you.

Christmas is the time of the year where, if asked, people will generally say yes to attending a church. And I know this weekend will hit home no matter the person you invite! So go for it!

Thanks for reading...can’t wait to see you this weekend at The Crossing,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing
Join us on Facebook

P. S. If you are newer to The Crossing and you want to meet me and learn a bit more about the church, join me Sunday afternoon, December 13, from 4 - 7 p.m. on the campus of The Crossing for Starting Point. You can sign up by following this link.