Monday, December 21, 2009

What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Over the next few days of this Christmas season I will be visiting with my entire family. I am really looking forward to our time together, particularly the time when we watch some of our Christmas movie favorites. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

Polar Express, Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Bishop’s Wife, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life…and there are MANY more!!!

I’m a sucker for the sappier, more emotionally moving ones of the bunch. In fact, I think Miracle on 34th Street just might be my favorite. I like this particular Christmas “flick” because at the core are the themes of “believing” and “giving,” and isn’t this what Christmas is ALL about…believing and giving! "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

I invite you to be a part of our Christmas Eve services where we will celebrate Jesus and the difference He makes in our lives.

Invite someone to come with you. The Christmas Eve service times are:
• Tuesday December 22 at 7:00 p.m.
• Wednesday December 23 at 6:30 & 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday December 24 at 3:00, 3:30, 4:30 & 5:00 p.m.
I look forward to seeing you over the next few days!

Merry Christmas,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P. S. The weekend after Christmas day, Saturday December 26 and Sunday December 27, our weekend service times will remain as normal. Saturday, at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday at 8:30, 9:30, 10:00, 11:00 and 11:30 a.m.