Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words

Pictures are everywhere! Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Twitpic...the list goes on and on...we love seeing ourselves and others.

Photos display love, hate, devastation, restoration, care, chaos, excitement, terror, victory and defeat. Snapshots seem surreal at times. It can be incredibly hard to fathom or stomach what it is you’re seeing; sometimes you just have to look away. At other times, an image evokes exhilarating emotions such as laughter or joy. There’s just something about a picture.

On our Harley Road trip this summer, Sue took over 3,000 digital images. She had fun on the back of the bike :-)! Now, six months removed from that amazing experience, I’ll intentionally let my computer idle, allowing my screensaver to cycle through moments of the many memorable miles covered. And for a brief period, seeing these displays, I’m transported back to an amazing 30 days. That is the power of a photograph!

Here are two images...tell me, what do you think they have to do with one another?

Right now, I’m not going to give you any insight as to what they mean, but I will do my BEST to EXPLAIN them both THIS weekend. Chances are, what you think you see isn’t what really is.

Time to turn on my screensaver, see you this weekend!

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing