Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Excited about the new series, Our Father, the Lord's Prayer

Many people know it. Some, like me, said it before sporting events. Some churches say it out loud every weekend. What is it? At times it’s called the Lord’s Prayer. Others often refer to it as the "Our Father". Jesus in Matthew 6:9-13 said, “This then is how you should pray...”

‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

It’s pretty exciting, really...Jesus gave us a pattern for prayer. Think of it, the one who regularly spent time communicating with his Father. The one who has the power to answer our prayers. It is he who gave us a pattern for prayer.

So I’m stoked to start a new series this weekend. I can’t wait to see YOU. Make sure you invite someone! Someone who needs to pray. Someone who needs prayer. Someone looking for answers to their prayers. This series is guaranteed to have immediate impact.

As you get time, please pray for me. I make my way back from Uganda this week. What God has allowed me to experience, I’ll not soon forget. In fact, check out a bit of what God’s done in me and in Africa. In each country I’ve visited this year, it’s always been a bitter sweet departure. However, I am very much looking forward to re-uniting with my family and our church.

See you this weekend,


Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing