Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Traffic, OC Fair, Sunshine & Freedom

This weekend promises to be a can’t miss weekend at The Crossing, but I wanted to make sure you’re prepared for the traffic. This is shaping up to be the first real “beach” weekend of the summer (the sun has finally come out) AND this is the first weekend of the Orange County Fair. So, the 55 freeway just might be backed up to Fair Drive :-).

Hey, I know everyone is different, but I like a clean house, clean carpet, clean counters, clean floors, clean car, clean motorcycle, a clean desk. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not obsessive about it. All those things I listed, they’re not always spotless, but I do like things clean. I’ve even been called Mr. Clean. I think it’s more a result of my shaved head though, at least I hope so.

There’s something freeing about seeing something that was chaotic, messy, dirty, or garbage-filled and then, as the result of some effort or energy applied, it gets rearranged, renewed, or refreshed all because someone took the time to clean.

Often, as a result of the stupid things we do, lies we tell, sin we commit, or impurity we allow, our lives get messy. Yet we do our best to cover it up so we think no one sees it. I mean, it’s not like a sink full of dirty dishes or a carpet much in need of vacuuming or a garbage can that is overflowing. Those items are pretty easily seen. But when it comes to life, we do our very best not to let anyone see our mess.

But that’s NO WAY to live; GUILT piles up, SHAME is strewn everywhere, it’s time to clean house. So I’m telling you, don’t miss this weekend!

Together, we’re going to do a little personal house cleaning. I will be continuing the series, Our Father, looking at the phrase, “forgive us our trespasses...” So get here this weekend ready to let God do some rearranging!

See you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing