Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What tempts you?

The online dictionary defines “tempt” as, “to entice to do wrong by the promise of pleasure or gain” or “to allure, invite or attract.” Right about now I’m wondering what is it that allures, invites or attracts you? I’m pretty sure most know their Top Ten!

Listen up, temptation is not wrong! We confuse temptation and wrong-doing. We’re ALL tempted by something. Jesus knew we would be. He even taught us that part of the communication process with Him should be sharing those areas where we’re tempted. He said, “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

The times are too numerous to count when I’ve begun my day with a solid time of prayer...praise-filled, probing, confessional, reflective prayer. On those days when I’ve paused long enough and been disciplined enough to mentally go through the moments of my upcoming day, it’s as if the Spirit of God reveals to me some of the potential trigger points or destructive landmines.

Often while in prayer, there’s a clarity of the places and settings, coupled with the moods and emotions of when and where I’m prone to fall for temptation. Getting that stuff out in the open with God, over prayer, helps!

I wish I could say I bat a thousand in the realm of not falling for temptation, but I can’t. However, Jesus knows me and He knows my heart. He knew I’d need to make this “temptation” stuff a part of the discussion process with Him.

So, if you’ve ever been tempted, allured, attracted, THIS WEEKEND is for you (it’s also for me). Don’t miss out! In fact, invite someone else to come with you. We’ll be looking at Jesus’ words, “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

See you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P.S. Hurry and sign up for the Global Leadership Summit on August 5th & 6th, this is the LAST week. More people than ever from The Crossing are attending!!! There are 9 more spaces at our special $75 rate, then the price goes up to $105. The password to get our discounted rate is TEAM2010S.