Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Did we ever experience summer?

Labor Day is that mythical “line in the sand” when the summer season ceases and fall begins. However, there was what...maybe 5 days where it FELT like summer.

Of course for most of you, it’s been a couple of years since you last frequented a school classroom, so summer is more a state of mind. In fact, take it from this transplanted, Midwestern-raised boy, most EVERYDAY feels like summer in So. Cal. Life is SO good here! I mean, none of us have to suffer under extreme humidity or slap at mosquitoes that have homing systems better than any fighter jet.

My summer was great. Not as much Harley riding or sailboating as I would have hoped, but I did have the opportunity to visit nearly 15 churches in Orange County. Given my position and normal weekend responsibilities, visiting other churches isn’t something easily achieved.

However, this summer I made it a point to see the most excellent manner of how God is moving in our area. I’ve come away from these weekend glimpses so appreciative for the uniqueness of styles and methods expressed from church to church. God is ALIVE!

I also came away from these experiences excited that I get to serve and pastor a truly AWESOME church. It is so true that there is no one right way to do church AND it takes all kinds of churches to reach all kinds of people. Therefore, I’m thankful for the multiple houses of worship in our county, but I’m exceedingly grateful for THIS house of worship at The Crossing.

We ALL are a very special people with a unique call as a church! I THANK GOD for YOU!!! I look forward to sharing God’s word with you this weekend as we continue our series, Unstoppable!

Can’t wait to see you,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing