Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ever been cut off in traffic?

Most of my time driving is on "two" wheels, either the scooter or the Harley. Very rarely am I in what I call a "cage", you know those things with four wheels called cars. So I'm ALWAYS lane splitting, zipping in and out of traffic, moving faster and getting places quicker than the average person. Believe me it's nice, real nice!!!

So here's an admission that I'm not terribly proud of, but often I turn into a freaking IMPATIENT "caged" animal when I get behind the wheel of a car. Nobody seems to go fast enough, or all you see are those red braking tail lights for NO apparent reason! In times like those, I wish I had a Bat-mobile or maybe some of you remember, Speed Racer's car. If I had a vehicle like that, then I could get where I need to go, how I want to go and at my speed.

However, the problem isn't the traffic, other drivers or that I don't have a cartoon like car. No, the problem is ME! It's my attitude and my actions that need altering. This might even seem silly to say in this context, but it comes down to the fact that when I’m behind the wheel of a car, I'm not very loving. Yep, that's right, not very loving!!! God says in 1 Corinthians 13:4, "Love is patient…" Therefore, when I'm being an impatient jerk of a driver, there's no love flowing. It's that clear.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm inviting YOU to a brand new series we're starting this weekend at The Crossing. It's titled, “Crazy Love.” The first topic is patience. DO NOT miss it. If you or anyone you know struggles with the issue of patience, make sure they come. It's going to be really good. The service times are Saturday, 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 8:30, 9:30, 10:00, 11:00 & 11:30 a.m. Did I say, it's going to be REALLY good? Don't miss out!

See you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing