Thursday, April 7, 2011

Someone used my towel and then…

The freakiest thing happened the other day at the gym. I finished taking a shower, went out to get my towel and it's NOT there. Just minutes before, I placed it on the hook, now it's gone. There were other towels hanging on the various hooks, but none of them were MINE. Walk into the locker room and there is MY towel…in someone else's hands, drying off someone else's body. Incredulously I said, "Hey bro…that's my towel you're using!" And then, no kidding, the dude looked me straight in the eye and said, "Sorry, but it's not, it's my towel."

At that point, everything in me is saying, "Let it go, just let it go…" But I didn't let it go. I said, "Dude, that's my towel…bring your own flippin towel!" He resolutely restated his earlier phrase, "Sorry, but it's not your towel. It's my towel."

I'm thinking this is like a Seinfeld episode or maybe Ashton Kutcher is somewhere hiding and I'm being "Punk'd." Needless to say, I was TICKED! It wasn't so much that the guy used MY towel and then put MY towel in his gym bag and took it home with him. What irritated me was that he wasn't telling the truth! This wasn't a white lie. There wasn't even any gray to it…it was just a flat-out, bald-faced non-truth!

DO NOT MISS this weekend as we continue in the Crazy Love series looking at the phrase, "Love delights in the truth…" I'm telling you, God's Word is off the hook. This love stuff is rocking our worlds. Check it out! Bring a friend! Our service times are Saturday @ 5:30 pm and Sunday @ 8:30, 9:30, 10, 11, 11:30 am.

Also, make sure you get your Easter tickets. They're totally and completely free, but this year…you NEED a ticket. We want to make sure everyone has a seat. The ticket allows us to plan appropriately. So pick up your ticket this weekend on the campus of The Crossing. The Easter service times are Saturday @ 5:30 pm and Sunday @ 8:30, 10 & 11:30 am.

See you this weekend…btw, I hope the dude that took my towel shows up!

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing

P.S. In keeping with our desire to help everyone grow in their relationship with Jesus, we are taking a whole church Spiritual Survey. If you've not taken the Spiritual Life Survey yet, I sure would like you to do so. It's totally anonymous and secure. It will take you 30-40 minutes. Please use this link. This survey allows us to get a clear spiritual "reading" of our church. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.