Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Big "Ask"

Personally, the past 3 weeks of the Crazy Love series have been excruciating and exhilarating. Excruciating, because I've had to look at the "love" that I display to those I come in contact with throughout a day, week or month. As I've shared, it's been painful to take a bold look at me. Regarding the patient, kind, envy, ego, pride, and now this week, the rude and demanding aspects of me have been excruciatingly painful to realize and see.

However, it has been exhilarating at the same time because these 3 weeks I've been so aware of "walking in the Spirit" moment by moment. God's Word has had a profound effect on my behavior. Don't get me wrong, it's not always been easy, but I do like the "Spirit-filled" Crazy Love Tim better and I'm noticing that people do too! I trust you are letting God work in you as well. Now on to my BIG ASK!

All Church Spiritual Life Survey

It's always been my desire as your pastor to do everything we can to support and encourage your spiritual growth. Recently we've learned of a tool that will assist us as a church in knowing what’s helping you grow spiritually and what’s getting in the way. Therefore, I'm asking you as an attender of The Crossing to set aside 35-40 minutes this next week to take a Spiritual Life Survey.

• It’s completely anonymous.
• It’s extremely important.

Hey, I know you are very busy, but this is very important. The findings from this survey will shape our decisions about how to create the best possible ministry strategies to serve our church. Please use this link to access the survey; also feel free to pass the link along to all your friends who call The Crossing their church home.

Thank you so much. Do NOT miss this weekend. We're continuing in the Crazy Love series as we look at the topic of "Rudeness."

See you this weekend,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing