Monday, January 16, 2012

Two Ears, ONE Mouth!

God gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason.  I'm supposed to listen twice as much as I speak which can be extremely challenging.  The reality is I don't do very well at this one.  James 1:19 is quite convicting.

Why?  Cause I want to be heard!  My opinion is supposed to matter, not that it does, but I want it to.  So, I will often assert myself, at times even interrupting someone.  All it takes is looking into the eyes of the one I've cut off to see that look...like don't you care about me, about what I have to say, about what I feel.

At that point my actions (words) are speaking so freakishly LOUD!  Sometimes, I might even realize how much of a jerk I'm being and I will apologize, but unfortunately most times I don't.

So today, it was humbling,yet thrilling to read this portion of God's Word.  My prayer is not only for this day, but my prayer is for the entire week, that I will string together a series of conversations where I simply listen, mouth shut, ears open.

Pray for me, I will be praying for you!

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing
thecrossing.com
facebook.com/timcelek
twitter.com/timcelek
thecrossing.com/3thirty