Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Kick in the Butt!

Most everyone has heard the Nike slogan, "Just Do It" right?  Well, God thought of it first.  God is pretty clear, very direct, not a whole lot of wiggle room, James 1:22, "Do what it (He) says..."

How many times have I read something like...

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you..."  Luke 6:27

"Give thanks in all circumstances..." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her..."  Ephesians 5:25

"Don't just pretend to love others, really love them..."  Romans 12:9

"Love is not rude and does not demand its own way..."  1 Corinthians 13:5

And I think to myself, "I think I'll pass on that one and that one and that one and that one, thank you very much," as if they are negotiable.  God is VERY clear!  Do what He says!  Ouch!

I guess I don't have a whole lot of excuses.  God, thanks for the clarity, for the kick in the butt!

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing
thecrossing.com
facebook.com/timcelek
twitter.com/timcelek
thecrossing.com/3thirty