Friday, January 20, 2012

Missed a day, don't judge me!

God's Word is powerful and convicting and life changing.  It cuts to the core of our being.  Today's reading is one of those passages of the Bible that is not easily dismissible.  James says...

"Whoever keeps the whole law, and yet stumbles at just one point of it, is guilt of breaking all of it..."  James 2:10

This is one of those places in Scripture where I get stopped in my tracks, like a deer caught in the headlights.  God how often do I justify, rationalize, modify, dismiss my sinfulness.  God how often do I tend to think, as well as display in my actions or conversations, "...that, at least I'm better than so and so or better than those people over there..."

God, thank you for your Word, but most importantly for today's reading.  Thank you for showing me just who "I" am.  I think I'm all that and then some, but how stupid am I.  How deluded?

I'm making a commitment to live each day looking in mirror.  Instead of pointing the finger at someone or at others, I'm going to take a serious look at the fingers pointing right back at me.  I'd ask you to join me, but then I maybe I'd be judging you, which is not my intent.  So I guess I'll ask God Spirit to keep the spotlight on me.

Seriously flawed,

Tim Celek
Lead Pastor
The Crossing
thecrossing.com
facebook.com/timcelek
thecrossing.com/3thirty